Note: I like to separate out the beach from the ocean. The books below just have to do with the beach although you can certainly use ocean animal books if you wanted to branch out.
My Ocean is Blue by Darren Lebeuf
Noni the Pony Goes to the Beach by Alison Lester
Sandy Feet! Whose Feet? Footprints at the Shore by Susan Wood
Sea, Sand, Me! by Patricia Hubbell
- Baby Beluga by Raffi
- I take out the shaky eggs for this song to accompany singing along.
- Octpus by Charlotte Diamond
- slippery fish just put palms together, glide thru the air
octopus, hook thumbs, fingers as tentacles
tuna fish, two hands, fingertips touching, impression of bigger fish,
shark, flat palms at right angles, open & shut
whale, whole arms, open & shut motion
- Swimmy Swim by Rachel Buchman
- Swim right along to the song!