Llama Llama Nighty-Night by Anna Dewdney
Peter Rabbits: Sweet Dreams, Peter by Frederick Warne
Steam Train, Dream Train Colors by Sherri Duskey Rinker
Time for Bed, Nori by Brigitte Weninger
Twinkle, Twinkle, Time for Bed by Rookie Toddler
Bounces, Rhymes & Fingerplays
One fluffy quilt on my bed,
Two little pillows on my head,
Three teddy bears to hold tight
Four kisses from Mom for a restful night,
Five hugs from Dad, and off goes my light!
Hey Diddle Diddle
Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the moon.
The little dog laughed to see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the spoon
I look for the moon every night point to the ceiling
Sometimes it’s yellow, orange or white
Sometimes it looks just like a ball. Make a circle with your hands
Sometimes it is not there at all
On some nights, half the moon will hide. Cover half of face
On others, it’s a smile tipped on its side. Make a C shape with fingers
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight by Suzi Shelton
- During the moments in the song when the lion is sleeping we rock the babies gently. When the lions wake up we bounce right along.
- Sleeping Bunnies by Kathy-Reid Naiman
- Similar to “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” when the bunnies are sleeping we rock gently. When the bunnies wake up we start bouncing and jumping.
- Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star by Old Town School of Folk Music
- I start by sharing Annie Kubler’s board book that has the words to the rhyme and the ASL. We practice the ASL a couple of times before adding the music.