“A House for Birdie” is a book written by Stuart J. Murphy about a bird who doesn’t have a house. His friends help him find the perfect house. I took my inspiration from Wendy at Flannel Board Fun and added a few more details. With the way the birds and houses are designed there is opportunity to discussing relative size, colors, and matching.
One Leaf, Two Leaves, Count With Me
I admit that it has been a while since I have posted anything. COVID certainly interrupted my normal process of creating flannel boards and providing storytimes. At long last I have managed to finish a flannel board. “One Leaf, Two Leaves, Count With Me” is based off the book of the same title by John Micklos Jr. I have only used about a third of the text of the book. However, it is very adaptable to counting and exploring the seasons.
When I put this flannel board together I made the leaves double sided. One side is green for spring and summer. The opposite side are fall colors. I also embroidered tree bark lines into the tree to make it more visually interesting.
Animals should definitely not wear clothing. by Judi Barrett
Duck Sock Hop by Jane Kohuth
Firefighter Duckies by Frank W. Dormer
Hat’s Are Not for Cats! by Jacqueline K. Rayner
How Do You Hug A Porcupine? by Laurie Isop
Is Everyone Ready for Fun? By Jan Thomas
Is That Wise, Pig? by Jan Thomas
Pet Wash by Dayle Ann Dodds
Silly Sally by Audry Wood
Where Is the Green Sheep? By Mem Fox
- Silly Dance Contest by Jim Gill
- Be as silly as you want but stop when he says freeze.
- There Came A Girl From France by Raffi
- I think this is one Raffi’s lesser known songs. They only way to dance is to do a high step by bringing your knees up as high as you can.
- Three Blind Mice by Caspar Babypants
- This song starts with the familiar three blind mice and then gets silly. We run, dance, jump, climb, and sleep through the song.